Data Protection Officer as a Service
The Data Protection Officer as a Service service addresses the requirement for fulfilling the duties of the Data Protection Officer as required by GDPR through the use of an external service provider.
What does the service offering consist of?
The service consists of providing fulfilling the role of the DPO as an outsourced service or the provision of support services to the DPO for implementing and maintaining a privacy compliance framework. It also includes support for processing external data subject requests. We offer a flexible approach to ensure that your requirements are incorporated into the service design.
The key tasks of a DPO as defined in Article 39 in the GDPR are shown below and are incorporated into your service design depending on your requirements :
- to inform and advise senior management and employees about their obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- to monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with data protection polices, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- to advise on, and to monitor, data protection impact assessments;
- to cooperate with the supervisory authority; and
- to be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
What benefits does the service offer?
The main benefit of this service is the provision of services to the DPO which enable the fulfillment of his or her responsibilities for this Officer role as required by GDPR without having to engage additional staff. A further benefit is that our lead consultants have achieved international certification in Data Protection and Privacy Management. They also work towards continually improving their knowledge and skills.
Please contact us for more information about the DPO as a Service.